Tried the gym again today. Don’t really enjoy it so I’m in and out within the hour; having timed my activities to perfection.
Luckily the machines all come with a Television:
- bike 5mins – cycling along a pleasant country lane, none of this powering up hills nonsense
- treadmill 20mins – WALKING…I don’t do running and I don’t do sweating GOOD GOD! Sometimes I have to stay on a bit longer if ‘Lorraine’ hasn’t finished, or if I’m in the middle of texting a friend
- 5 sets of stomach crunches lifting 10lb. Probably not doing it right. Probably meant to be actually crunching something, rather than just sitting pulling weights up and down – while smiling smugly at everyone else who is running and sweating
- cross trainer 20mins (5mins forward, 5mins backwards and repeat.) Occasionally I’ve been so engrossed in ‘Homes Under the Hammer’ I’ve forgotten which way I’m going
- swift exit; sometimes impeded by membership card refusing to let me out.
Came home – resisted temptation to stop and buy a MASSIVE bar of chocolate on the way.
Middle of the afternoon felt a bit peckish. Rummaged through cupboards and found a small bar of cooking chocolate languishing at the back.
Quickly liberated it.
Next time I’ll just buy a massive bar of Galaxy!